Background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome to the toy box!

Puget Sound, Washington State

Korean Phrase of the Day 
사랑해 (I love you)
Spanish Phrase of the Day 
¡Ven acá! (Come here, small child/uncooperative adult with whom I am close!)


I'm a little sad about how potentially dirty the title of this blog sounds. This is a blog about all the stuff kicking around my brain - everything from education to gymnastics, Korean language to jewelry-making. At some point it'll be a blog exclusively devoted to
writing and publishing but for now, it's going to be a spot for anything and everything that occurs to me.

I hope it also becomes a resource for other teachers and people interested in children's lit and children's lit publishing. In the meantime ... who knows! For right now, expect any and all of the following:
  • Photography
  • Writing/publishing - specifically, my writing and my publishing journey
  • Children's lit - reviews, recommendations, exciting stuff coming soon
  • Misadventures in graduate school - there are so many, why not amuse people with them?
  • Travel blog highlights from my retired blog - reliving the old adventures!
  • Education anecdotes, tools, etc.
  • Jewelry (well, pictures of stuff I've made, anyway)
  • Gymnastics .... possibly updates about mishaps as I reintroduce myself to that dangerous-ist of all dangerous sports (at the ripe old age of 25, which, in gymnastics years, is 65)
  • Running: updates on the 5k saga (as I train for it, I mean)
  • Foreign language - there are two I'm familiar with but must practice more than I do (Korean and Spanish). Also, I love two countries which use these languages (Korea, duh, and Chile ... less with the duh).

No comments:

Post a Comment